Get involved in these amazing #BeMoreSnail Day activities
Are you ready for #BeMoreSnail Day?
Friday 19th October is #BeMoreSnail Day. Throughout Brighton and Hove, schools, youth groups, nurseries, shops and businesses are taking part in a day of fundraising fun for Martlets Hospice.
Whether it’s supporting Norm’s Snail’s Pace Marathon or attending a fundraising activity, there’s loads of #BeMoreSnail Day activities for you to get involved in!
Check out our map below and don’t forget to #BeMoreSnail!
Register your event
Are you holding a #BeMoreSnail day event that’s not on the map below? Get in touch at email@example.com and we’ll add it for you asap!
Not got an event planned yet? There’s tons of great things you can do! Check out our #BeMoreSnail Day page for some great tips and advice!
Not attending a #BeMoreSnail Day event?
Even if you’re not taking part in an event, there are still things you can do to #BeMoreSnail.
- Choose to start your day rather than letting the day start you – take a step back and simply observe busy thoughts about the day ahead, rather than being pulled along by them. Try to take a few ‘conscious’ breaths before you jump out of bed, and before you shower and dress.
- Travel well – make the journey to and from work without using your phone or listening to the radio/music (or at least consider making part of your journey a ‘digital detox’). Notice the environment around you and drop into ‘open focus’, rather than getting locked into the narrow focus we use when working on laptops.
- Take a few moments to arrive – when you get to your destination, allow yourself time to fully arrive before you rush into the day – sit quietly, feel your feet on the floor and notice your breath.
- Mindful meetings – before starting a meeting with colleagues, suggest those attending take two minutes to close their eyes, notice their breath, slow down and fully arrive. This simple exercise helps focus attention and reduces stress.
- Eat mindfully — eat your lunch paying full attention to the colours, taste, texture and smell of the food.
- Wait, before answering your phone – let your phone ring three times before answering. Give yourself a few moments to be fully present before speaking.
- Download a ‘mindfulness bell’ to your phone and computer to remind you to take a few ‘conscious’ breaths and stretch every hour.
- Single task, don’t multi-task – although it may feel as though multi–tasking makes you more productive, research proves otherwise. Slowing down and giving one task your full attention will reduce errors and improve productivity.
Hove Park School
Hove Park School, designers of Our School, Our City, Our World, Our Universe are hosting a Non-Uniform Day
Lancing College Prepatory School
Lancing College Prep School are hosting a day of fundraising for Martlets Hospice.
Sky-High Meditation with Brandwatch and BA i360
For a £10 (or greater) donation to Martlets, participants of the Sky High Meditation will get to ascend in the glass pod to the top of the i360 tower – taking in the impressive views on the way, before participating in a 10 minute guided meditation at the top.
Spaces are limited, so please book now to avoid disappointment.
Click here to join the Facebook Event.
Carlton Hill Primary School
Carlton Hill, the designers of Carl, will be hosting a fundraising event for Martlets.
Dorothy Stringer School
Dorothy Stringer School, designers of Murma are hosting a fundraising day
Davison CE High School for Girls
Davison High School, designers of Monty, are hosting a non-uniform day
Downs Infant School
Downs Infant School, designers of Selena Solana, are hosting a Darwinist walk, assembly and mindfullness activities
Fizzy Fish Nursery
Fizzy Fish Nursery, designers of Art101, are hosting a fundraising event
Little Gulls and Buoys
Little Gulls and Buoys, designers of Slimey, are hosting a fundraising event.
Hove Junior School - Holland Road
Hove Junior School, designers of Melony, are hosting a Non-Uniform Day.
Hove Junior School - Portland Road
Hove Junior School, designers of Petals, are hosting a Non-Uniform Day.
St Nicholas & St Mary School
St Nicholas & St Mary School, designers of Doodle, are hosting a fundraising event.
Helen O'Grady Drama Academy
Helen O’Grady Drama Academy, designers of Jonquil, are having fun with wooden Snails.
St Mary's Catholic Primary School
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, designers of Harmony, are hosting a fundraising event.
Each Peach Childcare
The Towers School
Tarner Community Project
Tarner Community Project, designers of Mr Edwin Tarner, are hosting a fundraising event.
Brighton Sewing Centre
Brighton Sewing Centre are embodying the spirit of slow and steady Snails by hosting a #BeMoreSnail class and making this patchwork snail! It will help you slow down, focus and be calm.
The course fee includes all the materials you need and includes a donation to the Martlets, so you just need to choose your session,
Click here to join the Facebook event and buy your tickets.
Clarkes of Sussex
Clarkes of Sussex are hosting an arts and crafts workshop.
Norm's Snail's Pace Marathon
1 Day, 26 Miles, 50 Snails. Fatboy Slim become’s Fatboy Slow for the day as Norman Cook takes on Norm’s Snail’s Pace Marathon.
Starting at Big Beach Cafe, Norm will be visiting all the Snails in one day to raise funds for Martlets.
Help him reach his £5000 goal by sponsoring him at martlets.org.uk/norm.
Loch Associates Group
Loch Associates Group, sponsors of Saffron, are hosting a pop-up selfie photobooth and an extended lunch for staff.
Austen Rees / Graves Son & Pilcher LLP
Brunswick Square Hotel
Brunswick Square Hotel are hosting a fundraising event.
On the 19th, we’ll be holding an afternoon tea (featuring a Choccywoccydoodah Snail Cake), a performance from the choir, a prize draw and offering complementary therapies, alongside some other relaxing treats for our staff and volunteers at the hospice.
Martlets Charity Shop - London Road
Martlets Charity Shop on London Road are hosting a day of fun-filled activities with mindfulness colouring and positive quotes.
Martlets Charity Shop - Blatchington Road
Martlets Charity Shop on Blatchington Road are hosting a day of fun-filled activities with mindfulness colouring and positive quotes.
Martlets Charity Shop - Peacehaven
Martlets Charity Shop in Peacehaven are hosting a day of fun-filled activities with mindfulness colouring and positive quotes.